April 7, 2015

My Crisis: Writing on CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS #1


What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

As some sort of "self-flagellation psychological experiment", I agreed to take part in Comics Bulletin's celebration of the 30th anniversary of DC Comics' FIRST MAJOR CROSSOVER EVENT, Crisis on Infinite Earths.


After reading this first issue, I kinda want to echo the words of that weepy dude who keeps popping up to watch worlds ending while wearing a fetching green cloak and way too much eyeliner. He says, “How much longer must I suffer for my sins… before I may be spared the witnessing of these horrors?”. Because this beast of a book sure is one scrum of a story, a pile-on to mirror (or mask) some sort of Homeric intent.
So… how much longer must I suffer?
Oh, that’s right. There’s twelve issues. One whole year of Crisis.
Pffffftttttt….. This is not going to end well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment